Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Second Wife Is Usually A Model Type


 I saw a quote the other day that read "Well, doctors' FIRST wives are usually normal. They've been through the hell of medical school, residency, loneliness, raising children alone, etc... and are too exhausted to look put-together all the time! The second wives tend to be more stereotypical (read: young, model types)."




I immediately messaged the fiance the quote. The next day when I got a chance to talk to him, he asked "What was that about?" Definitely was good to talk about future expectations, but I still feel unsettled. I am typically a calm person but very insecure. This fuels my drive to eat healthy and workout I suppose.

 With him being MS3, we have an exciting year coming up. Many of the women I know who have been through the residency interview process already have explained some programs will invite you cocktails with the current residents the night before the BIG interview. Supposedly it's to see how you both mesh with the current staff dynamic. It makes sense. Residents work 120 hours a week. Wives need to be supportive for the "Dr" hubby to keep his head on straight at work. I get it. I just wonder if how "hot" I look is a direct correlated to people's first impression of him.? 

Being the first born grandchild out of 11 has always led my to think about how my actions influence others or will lead others. I'm used to people looking at me. It's just programmed into who I am. I often get caught up in acting "perfect". No surprise in this case of my future husband's career, I am having the same concerns. 

Deep.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment