Thursday, June 9, 2016

Updates and Long Distance ....Again

Dr. Hubby and I have reached the point in residency for the 4 month 2 hour long distance for his peds rotation!

I can't believe it's the end of our second year! I am thrilled I get to join him in Lexington for the month of July. Halleluiah for being a teacher!! I'll come back to start teaching early August of course.

Our animals have all be divided up. Scarlett is going to stay with my parents. Greycie will be staying with my in-laws. Carmen will be staying with my Grandma. The apartment is amazingly nice; however, it doesn't allow pets. The 3rd floor accommodations also make it an issue.  I'll be soaking up the sun at the pool for sure! We definitely lucked out getting the 1st rotation.


The program here is amazing and pays for all the costs associated with moving for the 4 months. Keep in mind, we also still have the house in Huntington to take care of. Gas coming from Huntington to Lexington is also reimbursed on the weekends to play intermural kickball on Sundays. They pay the rent and all utilities. It will be fun to check out the fitness centers while I'm there in July. My planet fitness membership does transfer to the one in Lexington. Score.

I've lost about 5 solid pounds since starting my journey with Jeremy Mullins and #GetMacroEd on facebook. The program cycles every 8 weeks tapering carb numbers lower and lower.
The current numbers I've been given are:
* 150 grams of protein
* less than 50 grams of carbs
* between 65-85 grams of fat

I've really hit a plateau at 140 pounds. Remember, for our wedding I did crossfit 3x a week and was low carb and was in the best shape of my life. I'm thinking about going back after my family vacation to Deep Creek Lake, Maryland. Right now, I've been running 5k+ on Saturdays and lifting 2x during the week. It's time to step it up a notch. I'm sure the above pictured pool will help with my motivation! It's time to drop some weight before I get prego.





2 comments:

  1. This is a fun place with a two-faced appeal. The top floor of the event locations is for all that sass and oomph. It was super packed, but we just wanted to check it out. Loved the solid selection of quality craft beers.

    ReplyDelete