Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"Why are you working???"


So at my old roommates bridal shower I hear one of her guest ask “So your getting married to a doctor, why are you working?” I don’t think my frontal lobe has ever worked so hard to keep from reaching over the table and strangling her! I paused as the group around me (knowing all to well my feelings on the subject) looked around and waited for an eruption to occur. About 10 seconds later after whipping the “are you crazy” face off my expression, I said “…because I have goals and ambitions.?” My roommate jumped in and said “yah- she was never the type of person to just sit on the couch and do nothing even when I lived with her. She was always up doing something.” (Rolled my eyes..Bitches be crazy.) I mean really??? Do you think I started dating my fiancé when I was 15 because I knew he would be a doctor. Bahh! The nerve of some people.  I proceeded to give her a lecture about residency pay and medical school loans. (Please see the tab: When I grow up...) Happy ending to the story though! – She left well educated. 

Yes... I judged you silly girl for not having ambitions and goals. I happen to love what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment