Monday, October 8, 2012

Diamonds Still Sparkle in Shadows


Perfection is something that I have always found captivating. Daydreaming about the perfect way I should look, the perfect man, the perfect house, the perfect family, lifestyle, car, and profession are all ideas both terribly and wonderfully fascinating. The daydreaming of this lifestyle is a secret pleasure. (And for the record, I hate the word “pleasure”. Some part of me thinks it’s due to the fact that everything pleasurable is not at always perfect.) Society, through my experience, seems to distance themselves from what they consider flawless. Unless relatable, perfection has a negative connotation. Since perfection is so unattainable, we are all left in a mess of pity and envy towards a fantasy. Life is messy. If you are lucky, it is flawed.  This blog is not about perfection but much the opposite.

This blog is about marriage to my high school sweetheart and a medical student on his way to becoming an orthopedic surgeon.  For many, I am living the “fantasy”. For many, I am sure this blog will seem irritating for suggesting that the “dream” isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. This "Want-a-be-Stepford Wife” has a career out shadowed by her soon-to-be husband. Although proud of him for so many reasons, sometime I feel like an accessory. This blog is my therapeutic release which brands my diamond sparkles in the shadow of his career. When I accepted his engagement ring as a symbol of our love, he accepted my goals and ambitions are important too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment