Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Orthopedic Residency Applications Sent

The time is here. Residency applications are sent and now we wait yet again. His step one score is very very good and  resume overall is pretty solid.  He keeps questioning how many programs he should apply to in the MD world. Ideally we would like to stay in the Midwest New England, or southern part of United States. Right now I believe the total is up to 70 applications sent out. I'm Pretty sure that it's overkill and at this point we're  wasting money; however, it eases his mind which makes me in turn feel better about life. 

People at work are starting to ask me in the lunch room what my plan is. My answer is a wide-eyed shoulder shrug. I'm preparing myself for the chat with the principal at school. Of course he knows my fiancé's in med school (he's met him before) But even so, the building is so amazing to work at that I'd rather not tell him I'm leaving. Blah... 

As far as wedding plans go, my wedding dress came in! We reserved the church for the shower and also the wedding. And get this?! ... I liked a post from the exact place I got the bridesmaid dresses & my wedding dress, and it ended up that I actually won a rehearsal dress for free. It's an Alfred Sung dress in any color and any style I want! Who knew these things actually happen?!  
Yes, it's for Real and not a scam. Oooo also engagement pictures have been scheduled for October 20. So excited for the pictures and I'm hoping that its still "fall-ish looking" with leaves on the trees by then.  We are thinking that the pictures are going to be taken at my parents pond/farm. Pumped to get That taking care of. 

I'm not sure I've blogged about this yet but I'm also cross country coach for my school. It's eating up a lot of my time between planning a wedding, grading, planning lessons, and life in general. Even still I'm pleasantly surprised I do enjoy it so much. It Allows extra time to chat with the kids and get To know them on a different level. I keep my classroom pretty fast-paced with little downtime so it's hard to do that in the classroom. 



1 comment:

  1. Now for the waiting game.... I'm not sure which is worse picking programs to apply to or waiting for all/some of them to contact you. Can't wait to see pictures of the wedding dress, and congratulations on winning a rehearsal dress!

    ReplyDelete